February 12, 2019
If you’ve been wanting to straighten your teeth, you’ve probably looked into an alternative to braces like Invisalign. Most people simply don’t want to spend time wearing metal brackets and wires, especially if they’re busy professional adults. But what you may not know is that Invisalign in Bridgeville offers many additional benefits in addition to being invisible. It not only provides great results, but it does so without many of the drawbacks of traditional orthodontic treatment. In this blog, you’ll learn about all the advantages of Invisalign treatment and get answers to several frequently asked questions. Find out more below!
Besides Being Discreet, What Are the Benefits of Invisalign?
- Less treatment time – Each patient is unique, but the average treatment time for Invisalign is 12-18 months. For braces, it’s typically between 18-24 months.
- Fewer progress visits – Adults, in particular, love the convenience of having fewer progress visits. Most Invisalign patients only need to come in every 6-8 weeks. With traditional braces, it’s usually every 4 weeks.
- Better oral hygiene – Since the clear aligner trays are removable, it’s much easier to brush and floss than with braces. That greatly reduces your risk for developing cavities or gum problems and helps your smile look great when you’re done with treatment.
- No dietary restrictions – Patients in braces have to avoid hard, sticky or crunchy foods for the entire duration of treatment. With Invisalign, you can still eat your favorite foods.
- Improved comfort – Smooth, plastic aligners are much more comfortable than metal braces and won’t irritate your lips or cheeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Am I a good candidate? A: Invisalign in Pittsburgh works for mild and moderate crowding, gaps, overbites, underbites, and crossbites. However, the only way to know for sure if Invisalign is right for you is to schedule a consultation with an Invisalign-certified dentist.
- Q: How long do I have to wear my trays each day? A: To get your results on time, you must wear your trays for at least 20-22 hours per day.
- Q: How long do I wear each pair of aligner trays? A: Each pair of trays is typically worn for 1-2 weeks before moving to a new set.
- Q: Is the cost comparable to braces? A: Every patient is unique, so the cost of orthodontic treatment (whether it’s Invisalign or braces) will vary depending on your situation. With that said, the cost for Invisalign is usually in the same ballpark as braces.
Straightening your teeth is an investment that will pay off for a lifetime. And with a modern alternative to braces like Invisalign, it’s easier than ever!
About the Author
Dr. Dan Rairigh is an award-winning family dentist and an honors graduate of the West Virginia University School of Dentistry. He’s glad that he can provide his patients with an alternative to braces and loves seeing how Invisalign can improve someone’s oral health and self-confidence – at every age. If you’re considering Invisalign in Bridgeville and have any other questions, he can be reached via his website.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.