December 23, 2018
Now that the holiday season is here, chances are you’ll have several opportunities to take photos, but if you have smile flaws, then you may experience anxiety at the mere mentioning of posing for pictures. Thankfully, you no longer have to choose only one procedure out of the many forms of cosmetic dentistry available. Instead, you can now achieve a perfected look with a smile makeover in Pittsburgh. Read on to learn what the process entails!
What is a Smile Makeover?
The smile makeover method utilizes one or more cosmetic dental procedures to overhaul the aesthetics of your teeth. Some of the issues that can be addressed are tooth color, spacing, missing teeth, chipped or cracked teeth.
The process starts with your cosmetic dentist listening to your concerns and then performing a comprehensive examination to evaluate the condition of your smile. The specialist will then work with you to determine what forms of treatment are best suited for fulfilling your wants and needs.
The Types of Cosmetic Dental Procedures Available
To help you achieve the best smile possible, here are two forms of treatment available:
- Porcelain Veneers – A porcelain veneer is a thin piece or dental-grade ceramic that fits directly over the teeth in the smile zone. The procedure effectively masks gaps, minor crowding, misalignment and stains.
- Teeth Whitening – Another way to address teeth stains is with the ZOOM! whitening method, which can leave your teeth up to 10 shades brighter.
One of the advantages of the breakthroughs in dental technology is that you don’t have to wonder about how you’ll look after your smile makeover is completed. Instead, your cosmetic dentist will either use a wax model mockup, a digital image, before-and-after photos or a dental study model to show you what results you should expect from your procedure.
Thus, you can be confident in knowing that you’ll achieve the look you’ve been waiting for.
How to Maintain the Results
It’s great that your cosmetic dentist can help you experience smile bliss, but it’s important to know how to maintain your results. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Use a non-abrasive toothpaste to prevent scratching the surface of your restorations.
- Along with brushing your teeth on a regular basis, be sure to floss. It helps to remove the remaining debris that could cause stains.
- Avoid using mouthwashes because they can damage the bonds used to hold fillings, crown and veneers in place.
Achieving the perfect holiday smile starts by contacting your cosmetic dentist in Pittsburgh for a consultation. Then with a smile makeover, you’ll look and feel like a brand-new person!
About the Author
Dr. Dan Rairigh earned his DDS degree from the West Virginia University School of Dentistry. He then went on to attend the Dawson Academy for Advanced Dental Studies where he received extensive training in multiple areas, including cosmetic dentistry. Dr. Rairigh helps patients experience the excitement of having the look they’ve always wanted with a smile makeover at Advanced Dental Solutions. He can be reached for more information through his website.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.